I’ve been playing around with different sauces to keep things interesting – since I eat so much salmon (and fish in general) – and this raspberry sauce has been such a nice addition to our daily meals.
It’s super simple and easily turns a plain grilled salmon into something a bit more fun. Here we had it with rice (cooked with homemade bone broth), fresh lime, avocado and cucumber. 🙂
Easy Healthy Salmon in Raspberry Sauce
Recipe type: Mains
Serves: 2 servings (multiply as needed)
For the salmon:
- 2 salmon fillets
- Olive oil
For the sauce:
- 80g fresh raspberries
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ancho chili flakes
- Fresh thyme (a few sprigs)
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika (to taste)
- 1.5 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 heaped tsp butter (add a pinch of salt if using unsalted)
- Lemon or lime (to squeeze on top)
BAKE THE SALMON:
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C (390F).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, foil or a non-stick baking mat.
- Place your salmon fillets on top, add some salt and a drizzle of olive oil on each.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
PREPARE THE RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- Mash the raspberries and set aside.
- In a small non-stick pan, heat up the olive oil on low heat and pan fry the chilli flakes and garlic (crushed, grated or finely chopped) for about a minute.
- Add the fresh thyme and paprika and keep cooking briefly.
- Then add the balsamic vinegar, honey and mashed raspberries and simmer gently for a few minutes.
- Stir in the butter right at the end.
- Serve with lemon or lime juice squeezed on top and a little more fresh thyme.