A simple, healthy and delicious mango salad that works great on its own or as a filling for tacos and lettuce wraps. 🙂
We got a bunch of mangoes in the reduced section (only 10p each!) so we couldn’t resist and have pretty much been living off of mango inspired meals for a couple days. And this one was SO freaking good. We had it as lettuce wraps along with some brown rice, leftover grilled chicken and extra mature cheddar cheese. 😛
Just a random note:
Don’t skip or skimp out on the fresh parsley. It adds such a nice flavour and it’s so much more than just a garnish. Among other things, did you know that it’s a great source of vitamin K1? Just half of this recipe provides over 100% of daily requirements. 🙂
- 1 large mango
- 1 small red onion
- 2 small finger chillies (or 1 if you can't tolerate that much chilli)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- Fresh parsley, including the stems (a handful / 10-15g)
- 1 lime
- Black pepper
- Finely chop the onion, bell pepper, chillies (deseed them too) and parsley (including the stems, they’re just as nutritious and full of flavour too).
- Prepare and cut the mango into small cubes.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Add the juice of one lime along with a dash of salt and black pepper.
- This step isn’t necessary, but ideally, you can let it sit for a while to let the flavours infuse.
- Here we had it with brown rice, grilled chicken, lettuce and grated cheese.
Hope you enjoy it! 🙂
P.S.: I tend to post simple/healthy meal ideas on Instagram that often don’t make it on here, so if anyone’s interested, you can follow me on there too. 🙂