Hi everyone! Today I just wanted to share an easy pickled jalapeño salsa that I’ve been really enjoying lately. It’s just a simple blend of finely chopped tomatoes, jalapeño and garlic with herbs, spices and quite possibly the best (and most addictive) condiment, green Tabasco sauce (but if you don’t have any, you can use any chilli sauce ?).
If you want it to have more of a sauce consistency, feel free to mash it up in a mortar and pestle, but I happen to prefer it as a kind of salsa/salad hybrid.
Here I had it with cottage fries i.e. thin crispy baked potato slices (I have a RECIPE HERE if you’re interested) which is such a yummy, healthier and nutritious alternative to tortilla chips. Along with spicy chicken strips and plain Greek yoghurt to dip. ?
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 large garlic clove
- Handful of pickled jalapeños (about 10-12 slices) (I used Old El Paso)
- + 3 to 4 tsp pickled jalapeño juice
- Juice of half a lime
- 1-2 tsp green tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- Optional: a handful of finely chopped fresh coriander
- Chop the tomatoes, garlic and jalapeños as finely as possible.
- Mix together in a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Ideally let your pickled jalapeño salsa sit for a while before eating to let the flavours infuse. I usually make this right at the start so it can sit around while I cook everything else.
Hope you enjoy it! 🙂