A quick and easy gluten free oat, yoghurt and raspberry muffin traybake that makes for a great healthy-ish snack or breakfast. I randomly whipped these up in seconds yesterday just to make use of an old container of yoghurt that was about to go off and I was surprised by how nice they turned out. Really yummy, soft and not too sweet.
I didn’t add a lot of sugar and find that adding a sprinkle of icing sugar or icing on top is just right, but if you like things very sweet then feel free to add a bit more.
- 90g pure gluten free oats (I used these from Morrisons)
- 120g all purpose gluten free flour blend (I used Doves Farm self-raising)
- 35g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder (or 2 if using a plain flour blend)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 170g plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 25g honey
- 35g olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 100g raspberries
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Line an oven dish with baking paper (grease it with butter or oil fist to help the baking paper stay in place) and pour the muffin batter into it, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven on 200C (400F) for about 40 minutes. To check if it's ready, poke the center with a knife or skewer. If it's fully cooked, it will come out clean. If not, keep cooking.
- Let the cake cool down, then take it out of the oven dish, slice and serve with a sprinkle of icing sugar on top or any icing of your choice.
BAKING TIME: about 40 minutes