Today I just wanted to share with you a simple, easy and honestly addictive recipe I’ve been loving lately: crispy baked potato slices a.k.a. cottage fries. It’s such a perfect (baked and healthier) alternative to chips/fries that tastes just as good. ?? I posted these on Instagram yesterday and you guys seemed to like it so here it is!
- Potatoes (any kind but I love red potatoes especially)
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Optional: cider vinegar
- Wash and slice the potatoes. If you want them to feel a bit more like fries/chips, cut them a little thicker, but if you want them to be super crispy and bit like crisps, slice them very thin.
- Soak the potato slices in a bowl of water briefly, just to wash off the excess starch.
- Drain and dry the potato slices with kitchen towel.
- Mix with a generous drizzle of olive oil, salt and black pepper as well as any other seasonings of your choice.
- Line a baking tray with foil or baking paper and place the potato slices on it, making sure that they don't overlap.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (220C/428F to 240C/465F) until crispy on both sides. The time will basically depend on how good your oven is and how hot it can get. It can take as little as 20-30 mins or up to an hour. You can turn them over every 15 minutes or so (or half way through).
*Bake until they are crispy on both sides, flipping them over midway through.