Just a quick and easy snack idea I’ve been loving lately: little balls of edible peanut butter cookie dough, covered in melted chocolate. ? I used coconut flour so they’re also grain free and relatively low in carbs, but they work just as well with a standard all purpose flour blend, using the same exact quantity). Just bear in mind that coconut flour is a bit dryer and crumblier so a standard flour blend will produce a much smoother texture. ?
- 60g (2/3 cup) coconut flour (or a gluten free all purpose flour blend)
- 145g peanut butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 15g (1 Tbsp) butter
- 10g honey (or syrup)
- 20g brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 20g butter
- 60g chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (356F).
- Spread the flour evenly on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the baked flour into a bowl and mix with the rest of the peanut butter cookie dough ingredients (soften the butter in the microwave first). Note: give it a taste and feel free to add as much or as little sugar as you want.
- Refrigerate your peanut butter cookie dough until solid.
- In the mean time, prepare the chocolate coating. Melt the butter in the microwave and immediately stir in the chocolate chip until fully melted.
- Then divide the cookie dough into little balls, dip into the chocolate sauce and and let them rest on a plate until the chocolate hardens (or place them in the fridge to speed up the process).