Some super crispy (and slightly addictive) Nutella pastry bites I made the other day, amazing with a sprinkle of cinnamon icing sugar on top.
I had some leftover puff pastry after making toaster strudels the other week so I decided to whip these super quick little chocolate bites with the rest. I had about one third of the pastry left and managed to make 12 out of it so if you’re using an entire sheet of pastry, you can probably yield a small mountain of these out of it! 🙂
It’s such a fun snack alternative to cookies or sweets.
P.S.: I made these using Jus-Rol gluten free puff pastry.
Gluten Free Nutella Puff Pastry Bites Recipe:
- Gluten free puff pastry (I used Jus Rol)
- Butter (melted - to brush over the pastries)
- Icing sugar
- Ground cinnamon
COOKING TEMPERATURE: 200C (392F)
BAKING TIME: 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (392F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 20-25 minutes before unrolling it. Don’t skip this step as it helps the pastry have a better texture and it also prevent it from cracking when unrolling it. If there are some cracks though, just smudge them with your fingers.
- Cut the pastry into small rectangles (as in the pictures above).
- Add a dollop of Nutella on one end.
- Fold in half and press the edges shut with your fingers while being careful that the Nutella doesn’t spill out on the sides.
- Make little dents all around the edges with a fork (but don’t press all the way through the pastry).
- Melt some butter in the microwave and brush over the pastries with a pastry brush.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they turn a nice golden brown colour.
- Serve with a dusting of icing sugar (and ground cinnamon, optional) on top.
Hope you like them, let me know what you think in the comments below if you give them a try. ?