How to make super quick and easy ham and cheese croissants with ready made Jus-Rol gluten free puff pastry.
Gluten Free Ham and Cheese Croissants Recipe:
Gluten Free Ham and Cheese Croissants
How to make super quick and easy gluten free ham and cheese croissants with ready made Jus-Rol gluten free puff pastry.
Recipe type: Baking
Serves: 6 small croissants
- Gluten free puff pastry (I used Jus-Rol)
- Cheese (I used gouda)
- 1 egg (to brush over the croissants)
COOKING TEMPERATURE: 180C (356F)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (356F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Before getting started with the pastry, let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes (if it’s too cold, it might crack). Then unroll it carefully, smooth any crack with your fingers and cut into 6 triangles.
- Then use a rolling pin to even out the sides of each triangle if necessary, cut a small opening at the bottom and open up the sides some more so that the base is a bit wider (as in the pictures above).
- Add the ham and cheese (preferably tuck the cheese in the ham by folding the sides over so the ham doesn’t stick out on both ends) and roll them loosely all the way. Then press to secure the pointy end, close up the sides and fold them slightly inwards (if possible).
- Transfer your ham and cheese croissants onto the baking tray and brush some beaten egg all over them with a pastry brush.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes on the middle shelf, until they turn golden brown.