This healthy frozen yoghurt recipe is a slightly different take on the banana ‘nice cream’ that’s been so popular for the last few years. If you’re new to this, it’s basically blended frozen bananas masquerading as ice cream! But with the added Greek-style yoghurt, it has a far more genuine ice cream consistency.
It may not be as instant as simply blending frozen bananas and tucking in – you do have to briefly freeze this one first – but trust me that small extra step is worth it. It’s by far the best version of ‘nice cream’ in my opinion! You can actually make proper scoops out of it like real ice cream so it would work on cones as well. ?
It’s super easy to make, deliciously creamy and nutritious at the same time. While I wouldn’t go as far as claiming it to be just like ice cream, it’s certainly a brilliant alternative and a great excuse to eat ice cream for breakfast. As I did today. While wrapped in a blanket. With the heating on. Casually browsing the internet for holiday destinations… because hello, where the AF is Spring?! ?
The base consists of frozen bananas and plain yoghurt. Then you can add just about any flavours you’d like. Just make sure the fruits you use are frozen and add as little liquids as possible (to avoid that dreaded icy texture).
NOTE: I don’t recommend making a big batch. The longer it spends in the freezer, the icier it’ll become. It’s best eaten freshly made, after 1 or 2 hours in freezer.
Blueberry & cinnamon healthy frozen yoghurt recipe:
- For blueberry & cinnamon frozen yoghurt:
- 1 large frozen banana
- 4 heaped Tbsp ( 95g) plain full fat Greek-style yoghurt
- ⅔ cup (90g) frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (more or less, to taste)
- Optional: lime zest and/or vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Occasionally stop to stir or shake if necessary as it has quite a thick consistency and may get stuck.
- Pour the mixture in a container and put in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours.
- Scoop it out and enjoy!