Delicious, healthy and very easy one pan smoked paprika chicken breasts in a mildly spicy tomato and bell pepper sauce.
Hi everyone, hope you’re all doing great! The recipe I’m sharing today is something I randomly threw together at lunch earlier. It was just meant to be a quick and simple meal that doesn’t require much thought; made with whatever I had left in the fridge. But wow, it actually turned out so tasty!
Full of flavour, mildly spicy and so very easy and fuss free. Everything thrown into one pan and job done kind of meal, which is basically the best kind if you love good food with minimal efforts like me. 😉
Let me know what you think in the comment section below if you try it. 🙂
Smoked paprika chicken in tomato sauce recipe:
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20-30 mins
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 salad tomatoes
- 2 cubes (I used low salt beef Kallo stock cubes)
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp tomato purée
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (I use Datu Puti which is naturally gluten free)
- 2-3 cups water
- Black pepper
- Cooking oil (I used Fry Light avocado oil spray)
- Finely chop the onion, tomatoes and bell pepper.
- Pan fry the onion and bell pepper on low/medium heat in a bit of oil until they start softening up.
- Add the whole chicken breasts and cut slits into them (not all the way through). This helps the flavours get around and the chicken cook quicker.
- Add all remaining ingredients, cover with a lid, put the temperature up to medium/high and bring to a boil.
- Once it reaches boiling point, lower the heat to medium or medium/low and simmer, stirring on and off, for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, the tomatoes have dissolved and the sauce has reduced to your liking.
Note: keep topping up with more water during the cooking process if it becomes to dry at any point.