Hi guys, today I just wanted to share with you a simple recipe I’ve been loving lately – chilli feta pasta salad made with added avocado, spinach, spring onion, black olives and a very basic dressing.
There isn’t too much to say about it so I’ll spare you some unnecessary blabbing and jump right into it. 😉 It’s just a healthy, yummy and incredibly simple meal to make that would also be a perfect packed lunch option! 🙂
Yields: 3 to 4 servings
- 300g pasta (I used a bit over half a pack of Morrisons gluten free fusilli)
- 200g feta
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 2 avocados
- 4 spring onions
- 15-20 black olives (1 large handful)
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
For the dressing:
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 Tbsp fresh or bottled lime juice
- 1-2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp oregano
- Black pepper
- Cook the pasta. For the perfect gluten free pasta: 1) bring a large pan of lightly salted water to boil on high heat (DO NOT add the pasta before the water is boiling!), 2) add the pasta, stir and cover with a lid (still on high heat, don’t put the temperature down), 3) stir and test the pasta occasionally until al dente (the pasta should be soft, but not completely. It should still have a certain firmness to it), 4) drain.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the chilli and spring onions, chop the avocados into chunks, slice the olives and roughly chop the spinach.
- Combine in a bowl with 2 Tbsp of lime juice (to stop the avocado from going brown).
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add it back into the pan along with the olive oil. Let it cool down a bit before continuing.
- Add the veg mixture to the pasta along with the rest of the dressing ingredients and crumble the feta into it. Mix well.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for a bit to give everything time to infuse and let the flavours get around.