Easy and delicious mini Vietnamese pork sausage patties – they’re naturally gluten free, fairly quick to make and add a nice change to the usual ‘meat and two veg’ type of meals instead of chicken and whatnot. 🙂
Preparation time: 10 mins to make the patties + 20 minutes resting time
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serving suggestion: These are so versatile and can be eaten along with so many things, but here I’m eating them with steamed rice, a lot of fresh coriander, fresh chopped up spring onions and an avocado. Plus some extra tamari and Sriracha sauce to garnish.
- 500g minced pork
- 3 Tbsp breadcrumbs (I used Waitrose gluten free fine rice breadcrumbs, but rice flour would work too)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce (I used Squid Brand)
- 1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce (I used gluten free Kikkoman)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (bottled or fresh)
- 1 Tbsp cream sherry
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 Tbsp Sriracha sauce (or other sweet chilli sauce – I use the Flying Goose Brand)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper (a generous amount)
- Olive oil (for cooking)
Yields 13 patties.
- Finely chop the spring onions.
- To save time I used pre-made garlic and ginger paste, but if using fresh garlic and ginger, blend to a paste with a little bit of water and oil.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands until well blended.
- Grab a small handful of meat and roll it into a ball between your palms, squeezing and mashing it first to make sure it’s all sticking together properly. Then flatten it and smooth out the edges. Place on a plate and repeat with the rest of the meat. Separate with a sheet of parchment paper if you run out of space.
- Make a small hole in the middle of each patty with your thumb (without going all the way through). This will prevent them from bulging up in the middle while cooking.
- For better results, put the patties in the freezer (or fridge) for 20 minutes or more. This will help the patties keep their shape.
- Heat a bit of olive oil on medium heat in a non stick frying pan. Cook the patties for about 5 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
Nutritional value per patty (Calculated in Cronometer):