This is my favourite way to make pizza sauce. It’s quick, easy and flavourful. There’s nothing to chop, nothing to cook, nothing blend; just mix all ingredients together.
I never make it quite the same so the quantities below are a rough guide. Sometimes I leave out the oregano or the garlic powder. Sometimes I use fresh instead of dried basil. Or sometimes I use fresh garlic. Feel free to play around with the recipe and adjust to your taste. This is basically just an idea on how to save time when doing a pizza sauce.
- 4-5 Tbsp tomato purée
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder (more or less / to taste)
- Cayenne pepper (just a bit / to taste)
- Black pepper (a generous amount)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- Mix all ingredients together and adjust to your taste.
- Add more water if you want a thinner sauce.
And for the pizza shown in the picture, check out my gluten free Hawaiin Ham & Pineapple Pizza post.