Chorizo and bell pepper sauce with rice and grated cheese. 😛
I love tomato sauces. They’re so easy and the variations that can be done with them are endless so they never get boring. It’s a perfect, quick, inexpensive, healthy meal that always hits the spot.
- 5 inch piece chorizo
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- Garlic (3 cloves + 1 Tbsp garlic powder)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped Tbsp tomato purée
- 1 heaped Tbsp harissa paste
- 1 heaped tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Chop the onion, garlic, bell pepper and chorizo.
- Pan fry the chorizo in olive oil on low/medium heat for a few minutes. Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper and keep frying until the onions soften up.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, all the other ingredients and put the temperature up until it begins to boil. Then turn it back down to medium/low and simmer until the tomatoes break down.