How to make the perfect gluten free garlic bread at home i.e. super cheesy and buttery with added parsley and parmesan. 🙂
I keep seeing posts on gluten free groups complaining about pre-made garlic bread and it always makes me laugh because it’s so true… What’s up with all the free from garlic bread out there being so ‘free from’ that they’re even free from garlic butter itself!?? lol I’ve tried a few brands before and honestly there was very little to no flavour / practically plain bread every time. What’s the point?
I don’t mind because it’s not really something I buy anyway, but I noticed that whenever anyone asks “what do you miss most” or “what would you like to see more of in shops” on gluten free groups, garlic bread is a big one.
And yet it’s such an easy thing to make so if you’re tired of the flavourless questionable shop bought stuff, here’s how to make your own! 🙂
- Gluten free baguette bread (I used my own homemade ones - recipe coming soon! 🙂 )
- 80g salted butter (add salt if using unsalted)
- A few garlic cloves (crushed or finely chopped)
- A bunch of fresh parsley (as much as you like, finely chopped)
- Grated parmesan cheese (to taste / I used about 20g)
- A squeeze of lemon juice (or a tsp of vinegar)
- Black pepper
BAKING TIME: 20 mins (wrapped in foil) + 5 mins (unwrapped)
- Preheat your oven to 220C (428F) and give it enough time to properly warm up.
- Meanwhile, cut slices into your baguettes (just slits, don’t cut right through / the bread should still be in one piece).
- Place on a sheet of foil.
- Soften the butter in the microwave, finely chop the garlic and parsley, grate the cheese and mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spoon a generous amount of the mixture in between each slice.
- Sprinkle some more grated parmesan on top of the bread.
- Wrap up your garlic bread, place on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
- Unwrap the top and bake for a further 5 minutes.