Super simple and absolutely delicious omelette, serves 2 to 4 (depending on what sides you eat with it).
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup onion (1 medium or ½ large onion)
- Chorizo slices (as much as you want, I used about 7 or 8 thin slices)
- Fresh parmesan (or another hard cheese like Grana Padano)
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil (or any cooking oil of your choice)
- Finely chop the chorizo slices and onion.
- Pan fry the the chorizo in a bit of oil, on medium heat, until it becomes slightly crispy. Turn down the temperature to low and add the onions. Fry until they soften up. Take the pan off the heat.
- If it’s looking a bit dry, add more oil to prevent the omelette from sticking.
- Beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Put the pan back on the heat, on the lowest heat setting, and cover with a lid. It should take about 5 to 10 minutes, just keep an eye on it.
- Grate as much cheese as you want on top near the end.
I served mine with a cup of fresh salad tomatoes and half of an avocado. 🙂