We’re finally having some sunshine over here after what has seemed like an eternity of rain and clouds! And this delicious cuban dish is just the perfect way to complement this lovely sunday afternoon!
I love love this dish so much and it’s so easy, healthy and of course, naturally gluten free. 🙂
- 200g chicken
- 1 large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 4 salad tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano (or to taste)
- Red chilli flakes (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 Kallo chicken stock cube (+ 300ml water)
- 260g can of pineapple chunks in juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp tomato purée
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 bottle caps of rum (I used Captain Morgan Original)
- 1 lime (zest + juice)
- Olive oil
- Cut the chicken, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes into chunks.
- Heat up a bit of olive oil in a non stick pan and fry the chicken on medium/high heat, just enough to seal the outer layer.
- Put the heat down to medium/low and add the onions and bell pepper. Fry for a couple of minutes and add the tomatoes. Add the oregano, black pepper and chilli flakes and keep frying for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium/high and add the stock, pineapple chunks (+ some of the juice), bay leaves, tomato purée and garlic cloves (crushed or finely chopped). Simmer until the sauce reduces.
- Near the end, add the rum and carry on cooking for about 5 minutes. Then add the lime zest and juice, cook for 1 more minute and serve.