Healthy, yummy and naturally gluten free fajita style chicken. Unfortunately corn tortillas/good gluten free wraps are hard to find here in the UK so I opted to go without, but it’s delicious either way. 🙂
- 1 medium sized chicken breast
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 can of sweet corn (160g when drained)
- 2 salad tomatoes
- a handful of mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 heaped Tbsp oregano
- Garlic powder (optional, to taste)
- Chilli powder/red chilli flakes (optional, to taste)
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Tequila
- Fresh coriander or parsley (optional)
- Slice the pepper, mushrooms and onion (thinly) and cut the tomatoes into small cubes. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into thin slices and fry them in a bit of olive oil.
- Once fully cooked, lower the heat to medium/low and add all the seasoning ingredients. Mix well and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Turn the heat back up, add a bit more oil (if needed) and add the chopped vegetables. Cook for about 5 minutes (more or less depending on how crunchy or well cooked you want the vegetable to be), stirring constantly. Grate the garlic cloves and add to the pan midway through this, as well as the sweet corn.
- In a bowl, mix the juice of 1 lime with 1 Tbsp of honey. Add to the pan and mix well.
- Push the food to one side and add the tequila directly on the pan. Stir the food into it and cook for about 1 more minute.
- Serve and garnish with fresh coriander or parsley.