This stir-fry is such an easy, clean and healthy meal. Great with rice or noodles, but works well on its own too.
- 1 medium sized chicken breast (or tofu)
- 2 large carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper (any colour will do)
- Large handful of mushrooms
- 3 large handfuls of kale
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Fresh ginger (at least 1 inch)
- Sesame seeds (to taste)
- Garlic and ginger powder for extra flavour (optional)
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil (optional)
For the dressing:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp liquid aminos or tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- Chop the onion into thin slices, grate the garlic, ginger and carrots (into long strips with a peeler) and roughly chop the rest of the vegetables.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and fry it a bit of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables (minus the kale, garlic and ginger) and fry for about 5 minutes. Add the fresh garlic and ginger (as well as powder for more flavour) and fry briefly.
- Pour the content of the pan in a bowl and fry the kale on it’s own for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, add the stir fry back into the pan and mix together.
- In a bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Add it to the stir fry and mix well.
- Serve with a drizzle of sesame oil and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.