Just a quick and easy recipe today: a very simple buttery sauce with garlic, cherry tomatoes, grana padano and freshly picked basil from our herb garden. 😊 We used some delicious and naturally gluten free stuffed gnocchi (by the brand Italiamo) which we found in Lidl, but of course you can use any pasta you’d like.
And if you want to give homemade gnocchi a go, they’re actually incredibly easy. I have a recipe here, if anyone’s interested. 🙂
- 500g gnocchi (I used Italiamo stuffed gnocchi)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- A small handful of fresh basil leaves
- 300ml water
- Optional: grana padano or parmesan to grate on top
- Finely chop the garlic cloves, basil and slice the cherry/plum tomatoes.
- Melt the butter on low/medium heat in a frying pan and pan fry the garlic and tomatoes for a couple of minutes.
- Add the gnocchi, water, basil, salt and black pepper and bring to boil, then keep cooking on medium/high heat until a good chunk of the water has evaporated and the sauce has reduced. This should take about 5 to 10 minutes max. Note: alternatively, you can cook the gnocchi separately in a pan of salted boiling water for about 2-3 minutes. In which case you’ll probably need a lot less water for the sauce.
- Stir more fresh basil into it and serve with grated parmesan or grana padano on top.
Hope you enjoy it.