Today I just wanted to share with you a simple, easy and honestly addictive recipe I’ve been loving lately: crispy baked potato slices a.k.a. cottage fries. It’s such a perfect (baked and healthier) alternative to chips/fries that tastes just as good. 😍🥔 I posted these on Instagram yesterday and you guys seemed to like it so here it is!
- Potatoes (any kind)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Optional: cider vinegar
- Wash and slice the potatoes. If you want them to feel a bit more like fries/chips, cut them a little thicker, but if you want them to be super crispy and bit like crisps, slice them very thin.
- Soak the potato slices in a bowl of water briefly, just to wash off the excess starch.
- Drain and dry the potato slices with kitchen towel.
- Mix with a generous drizzle of olive oil and any seasonings of your choice.
- Line a baking tray with foil (you can use baking paper as well, but I find foil works better for these) and place the potato slices on it, making sure that they don't overlap. Then and add a good sprinkle of salt on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (220C/428F) for about 50 mins to an hour or until crispy on both sides. You'll want to turn them over every 15 minutes or so (or at least half way through).
*Bake until they are crispy on both sides, flipping them over from time to time.