Today’s recipe is a simple and yummy meal idea: creamy grilled salmon and asparagus pasta made with Philadelphia cream cheese and Morrisons gluten free brown rice penne. Great if you love pasta and are looking for nice change from the usual bolognese and tomato sauces. 👍
Creamy Salmon and Asparagus Pasta Recipe:
Yields: 2-3 portions
- 200g pasta (dry weight – I used Morrisons gluten free brown rice pasta)
- 220g / 2 salmon steaks
- 120g asparagus
- 4 large closed cup mushrooms
- 95g plain cream cheese
- 30g / 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 120ml / 1/2 cup milk
- 20g fresh parmesan
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 big handful of fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Dash of nutmeg
- Black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C (428F) and bake the salmon steaks until fully cooked (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile cook the pasta and start preparing the sauce.
- Cut the asparagus into 1 inch slices (making sure to discard the tough ends) and finely chop the mushrooms and garlic.
- Boil the asparagus for 5 minutes in lightly salted water, drain and set aside.
- In a non stick sautée pan, heat up the butter on medium/low heat and pan fry the garlic and mushrooms for a few minutes. Then add the cream cheese, milk, parmesan, parsley, mustard, dill, nutmeg, salt and black pepper.
- Then stir in the cooked asparagus and salmon.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese on top.