Today I thought I’d share with you my new favourite summer snack: healthy frozen yoghurt bites flavoured with white chocolate and passion fruits.
They’re so simple and quick to prepare and so good. Nothing special or fancy, just a yummy and refreshing snack that takes seconds to whip up together and doesn’t blow your calorie and carb intake through the roof. Basically they’re like little healthy creamy popsicle bites. 🙂
And there are only 3 ingredients needed – yoghurt, white chocolate and passion fruits – so it really doesn’t get any easier than that. 😉
I actually ended up cutting each of the above square 4 times smaller into bite size treats to make them much easier to handle / not having to put up with them partially melting in and simultaneously freezing my fingers at the same time. 😉
Healthy frozen yoghurt bites recipe:
Preparation time: 5 mins
Freezing time: 3-4 hours (or until solid)
Yields: 60 bite size squares (about 5g each)
Calories (per bite size square): Between 7 and 10 (depending on if you use low or full fat yoghurt)
Note: I used low fat yoghurt this time because that’s all I had, but full fat will produce a creamier/less icy texture. And if you’re not on a diet, like I am, then feel free to add more chocolate for a an even creamier result. 🙂
- 50g white chocolate
- 2 passion fruits
- 190g plain Greek-style yoghurt (a bit over 3/4 cup)
Optional: desiccated coconut, berries, nuts, vanilla extract, etc.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 10 seconds intervals, stirring in between each time, until it’s melted. This should take about 40-50 seconds in total. Don’t overdo it or you could end up burning the chocolate.
- Add the content of 2 passion fruits (about 50g), the yoghurt and mix well.
- Line a baking tray or any flat dish with sides (to contain the mixture) with parchment paper (to prevent sticking).
- Pour in the yoghurt mixture and spread evenly.
- Cover with cling film or foil and freeze for a few hours.
- Once solid, carefully cut into bite size squares and transfer into a freezer bag.