Easy, healthy, delicious and juicy baked oregano chicken thighs; grilled briefly and served in a sauce made from the leftover juices.
This is an incredibly easy recipe that really only takes about 5-10 minutes to prepare! So although the cooking time required is much longer, it remains a great fuss free dish that’s perfect for day to day meals, even the laziest of them. 🙂
Preparation time: 5 mins (to put the ingredients together) + 5 mins (to make the sauce)
Cooking time: 45 to 60 mins (to oven cook) + 10 mins (grilling time)
Temperature: 220C (428F)
- 750g chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp Kallo vegetable stock powder (or 2 stock cubes)
- 250ml water
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp onion granules
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar or syrup
- 1 Tbsp GF soy sauce (I used Datu Puti)
- 1 Tbsp butter (or dairy free alternative)
- Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (or any cooking oil of your choice)
To thicken the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- Preheat the oven to 220C (428F).
- Put the chicken thighs in an oven dish and stab holes into them. This will help the flavour seep inside.
- Add all ingredients apart from the cornflour.
- Cook for 45-60 minutes, until cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken thighs on a baking tray and grill for a few minutes on each side.
- Transfer the leftover juices from the chicken into a sauce pan, turn the heat on to medium/low and thicken with cornflour when it starts simmering. To do this, mix 1 Tbsp cornflour with a bit of water, just enough to form a paste, and add it to the sauce slowly while stirring constantly until the sauce is thicker.
For simple healthy meal ideas and general food inspiration, you can find me on: