Basic, thin gluten free pancakes made with Doves Farm gluten free flour.
Served with banana slices, Nutella and crushed hazelnuts. ♥
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (I used Doves Farm gluten free self-raising flour)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- Butter or oil (for cooking)
Yield 4 large pancakes.
- 2 Tbsp flaxseeds (I used Linwoods flaxseeds with added almonds, walnuts and brazil nuts. I also added a couple more Tbsp of milk to compensate for this.)
For the filling:
- Banana slices
- Crushed hazelnuts
- With a whisk or spoon, mix the flour, milk and egg together until there are no lumps left. My favourite thing to use is a measuring jug instead of a bowl as it makes the whole cooking process a lot easier (and less messy) when it comes to pouring the batter into the frying pan. As these are thin pancakes, the batter should be relatively runny, but feel free to adjust the milk quantity slightly depending on the desired thickness.
- Let the batter sit for 15-20 minutes. As boring as this step can be, it will allow the starch to absorb the liquid and produce a better texture overall.
- Melt a bit of butter in a non-stick frying pan on low heat. You can also use any cooking oil of your choice, however I find butter is the best for this. Pour some batter and angle the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter. Cook for a few minutes on each side. Repeat.
- Serve with toppings of your choice. I chose to eat them with some hazelnuts (crushed in a mortar and pestle), Nutella and banana slices. 🙂