When you feel like cheesecake, but want something at least a bit healthier and much quicker because you really can’t be bothered to bake one anyway; cheesecake smoothie bowls are the answer. 🙂
As a cheesecake addict, I have no idea why I didn’t try making this before! Such a perfect, not too time consuming dessert, snack or breakfast.
You could also replace the crumbled biscuits with something like oats, muesli or crumbled oat cakes for a healthier version.
- 135g Philadelphia cream cheese (3/4 of a small pot)
- 4 heaped Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 4-5 Tbsp icing sugar
- Biscuits (I used Morrisons gluten free digestive biscuits)
- Chia seeds
This recipe yields 2 to 3 large portions or several small ones.
- Put the cream cheese, sour cream, milk and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Beat until smooth and relatively creamy. I used an electric hand mixer (on medium/low speed) for a couple of minutes, but a whisk will work just as well (except taking longer).
- Add the lime juice and zest and mix with a spoon.
- Let it sit for a few minutes while it thickens up a bit more.
- Meanwhile, start preparing the smoothie bowls. For the bottom layer, chop or mash some strawberries (or any fruits you want!).
- Pour the cheesecake smoothie over them and top with crumbled biscuits as well as any other toppings you want. I also added chia seeds and more lime zest.