The quick and healthy gluten free breakfast I made this morning: scrambled eggs with onions and cavolo nero, a fruit salad and a jasmine green tea.
I love adding vegetables to scrambled eggs. I guess it’s like an omelette in the end, but quicker to make as well as more interesting and nutritious than plain scrambled eggs. You can easily swap the cavolo nero for other types of kale or spinach too. It’s a great way to eat more leafy greens. 😉
- 2 eggs
- 4 large cavolo nero leaves (also known as black kale)
- 1 small onion
- Approx. 1/4 cup milk or dairy free milk alternative
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 banana
- Strawberries (small handful)
- Slice the onion and cavolo nero.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Pan fry the onion and cavolo nero in a bit of olive oil on medium/low heat until they soften up. Add a tiny bit of water to further soften the cavolo nero.
- Add the egg mixture and stir everything together. As you cook, let the whole mixture sit briefly on and off, then stir/fold everything over with a wooden spoon until the eggs are cooked through.