I often eat healthy banana pancakes for breakfast, but seeing as it’s pancake day, I decided to make some special ones today. 😀
Strawberry and peanut butter stuffed gluten free pancakes topped with more strawberries, icing sugar and double cream. It was amazing!
This recipe yields 6 medium size pancakes.
For the pancakes:
- 1 heaped cup of flour (I used Doves Farm gluten free self-raising)
- 1 cup milk (or dairy free alternative)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- Oil of your choice (for cooking)
For the filling:
- Peanut butter
For the toppings:
- Icing sugar
- Fresh cream (single or double)
- Soften the butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Whisk all ingredients together until you get a smooth batter. Depending on what flour(s) you’re using, you may need more or less liquid so add the milk gradually until you reach the right pancake consistency (not too thick and not too runny either).
- Heat up a bit of oil in a non-stick pan on low/medium heat.
- Pour a small amount of batter, add your filling ingredients on top (you may want to melt the peanut butter in the microwave first) and pour some more batter over it.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on each side (or until fully cooked).
- Repeat and keep adding a bit of oil in between each pancakes.