Made with Newburn Bakehouse sourdough bread (a.k.a. my new favourite gluten free bread!!). Served with fresh rocket on the side and a banana & strawberry smoothie.
Best. Breakfast. Ever.
My local supermarket (Morrisons) has seriously expanded their gluten free range in the last few days and I’m so excited with all the new things to try. And the arrival of this sourdough bread has just suddenly made my coeliac life better! I don’t know how long it’s been available, but I hadn’t seen it anywhere until now. You know how a lot of gluten free breads need to be toasted to be edible? Well this one has a great texture and taste even when fresh! It doesn’t fall apart and it’s not full of holes either which is always a bonus with gf bread. ?
I can see this bread becoming my number one choice from now on. Admittedly it’s not the cheapest (£3.00) nor the biggest one out there, but I don’t personally eat a lot of bread so I’m happy to pay for quality over quantity when I do.
I can’t remember the last time I had bruschetta and these were so good. Being gluten free has certainly become easier over the last few years. We have so much more choice than before and the quality has greatly improved! Being able to eat something like this almost makes me feel ‘normal’ again. 🙂
For the bruschetta toppings:
(Yields 5 large bruschetta)
- 3 vine tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaped Tbsp dried basil (or fresh)
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Turn the oven grill on and toast the bread slices for a few minutes (only on one side).
- Finely chop the tomatoes and onion and mix with the olive oil, basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Turn the bread slices over and spoon the mixture onto them (on the non toasted side)
- Add parmesan cheese on top.
- Put them in the grill for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with more parmesan cheese and fresh rocket.