Pan fried chicken with mango, spring onions and a lime, chilli and coriander dressing.
My boyfriend improvised this meal for lunch and it turned out so good. So simple, fresh and flavourful. I don’t know why I don’t combine fruits and savoury more often! Mango, chilli and lime just work so perfectly together.
We had it with fries, but it would work well with rice or as a salad too.
This recipe serves 2.
- 2 small chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- 1 mango
- 2 spring onions
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Fresh coriander (a handful)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 2 finely chopped garlic cloves)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Cut the chicken into strips and pan fry slowly on low heat in a bit of olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cut the mango into cubes and finely chop the spring onions, red chilli and coriander.
- Mix the dressing ingredients.
- Serve everything fresh on top of the cooked chicken.