Today’s recipe: quick and easy banana coconut fritters; perfectly fluffy on the inside with a golden crispy outer layer. Made with gluten free self-raising flour and served with a drizzle of honey. ?
Gluten Free Banana Coconut Fritters Recipe:
Difficulty level: easy
Yields: 9 bite size fritters
*Multiply the recipe as needed*
- 1 large banana
- ¼ cup gluten free self-raising flour (I used Doves Farm)
- 1/8 to ¼ cup desiccated coconut (to taste)
- 40ml milk (more or less)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil (for cooking)
- Mix the flour, desiccated coconut, vanilla extract and the egg. Add the milk slowly until you reach a good batter consistency (it should run slightly, but still be thick). 40ml is an approximate. Depending on what flour you use, you may need a little more or less.
- Slice the banana in half, lengthways, and cut each slice into 1.5-2 inch pieces.
- Heat up vegetable oil on high heat in a deep frying / sauté pan (the oil should be about 2 inches high or more). This will take a few minutes. To test if the oil is hot enough, put a bit of batter into it. As soon as it starts bubbling, it’s ready.
- Dip a banana piece in the batter with a spoon, covering it completely, and carefully lower it into the oil. Repeat with all other pieces and then turn the heat down to medium. Cook until they turn golden, turning them occasionally in the process. Serve with a drizzle of honey or syrup. 🙂