Pastry pizza slices made with Genius gluten free puff pastry, a quick homemade pizza sauce and gouda cheese.
I did these very quickly with some leftover puff pastry and they turned out so delicious that I’ll have to make a proper full batch soon! And if you’ve never put gouda on pizzas, do it. Seriously it’s just become my favourite pizza cheese. 😛
- Puff pastry
- Olive oil
- Tomato purée
- Seasonings (garlic powder, oregano, basil and back pepper)
- For a quick and easy pizza sauce, just mix olive oil, tomato purée, garlic powder, herbs (oregano and basil) and black pepper. Quantities to taste. (Or check out my basic pizza sauce recipe)
- Roll the dough about half a cm thick and just enough for one slice at a time. If using gluten free pastry, you’ll find that it’s much easier to do so on parchment paper and keep dusting the surface as well as the rolling pin (if using a wooden one) between each slice.
- Fold the sides in a bit to create a border/crust and add whatever toppings you’d like. In my case I kept it simple with a basic pizza sauce and gouda.
- Cook in a preheated oven until the crust is fully cooked/turns golden. That took about 15-20 mins at 200-220C for me, but my oven is awful so feel free to put the temperature a bit lower (180-200C) and keep an eye on them.