Baked sweet potatoes with fajita style chicken, extra mature cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Delicious! And with sweet potatoes being packed with nutrients, this makes for such a perfect comfort food that’s still healthy and nutritious at the same time. 🙂
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Extra mature cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
- 1 large or 2 small chicken breasts
- 1 small or half a large bell pepper
- 1 onion
- a few garlic cloves
- 1 avocado
- 1 small can of sweet corn
- 1 red chilli
- Lime or lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1 Tbsp tequila (optional)
- Seasonings (1 Tbsp dried oregano, 1 Tbsp paprika, 1 tsp ground coriander, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 Tbsp garlic powder, black pepper, salt – adjust to your own taste)
- Olive oil
- Peel the potatoes, slice them in half, coat them with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Bake in a preheated oven (220C/425F) for about 45 mins or until they’ve softened up.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into small cubes and finely chop the onion, bell pepper, garlic cloves, chilli and avocado (pour some lime juice on the avocado to prevent it from turning brown).
- Pan fry the chicken on low/medium heat in a bit of olive oil. Once cooked, add the onion, garlic, chilli and bell pepper. After a couple of minutes, add all the seasonings as well the sweet corn, a generous amount of lime juice and the tequila. Cook for another 5 minutes or so and add the avocado near the end. Feel free to add more or less of the seasonings to adjust to your taste.
- Once the sweet potatoes are ready, grate some cheese on top, add the chicken, sour cream and sprinkle some extra oregano.