My boyfriend improvised this quick and simple chicken salad for me and wow it’s so good! I always call him the king of salads and he lived up to his name yet again. 😀
- Mixed leafy greens (rocket/arugula, baby spinach and red chard)
- Cucumber (3 inch piece cut in slices)
- 1 small chicken breast
- Parmesan (or another hard cheese like grana padano)
- Fresh basil
- Dried oregano
- Cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Cut the chicken in thin slices and fry them in a bit of olive oil with dried oregano (to taste) and a pinch of salt. Once the chicken is fully cooked, grate some parmesan or grana padano on top and let it melt.
- Put the salad ingredients together in a bowl, serve the chicken and grate some cheese on top. Add some fresh basil leaves on top.
- The dressing is incredibly simple, just a drizzle of cider vinegar and olive oil.