This dish is so quick, easy and delicious! Chicken cooked in a pesto mascarpone sauce with fried cherry tomatoes.
- 2 small/medium chicken breasts
- 3 heaped Tbsp green pesto (I used Sacla classic basil pesto – GF)
- 3 Tbsp mascarpone
- Chicken stock (I used 1 Kallo stock cube – GF)
- Large handful of cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Garlic powder
- 1 heaped tsp cornflour (for thickening)
- Olive oil (for cooking)
The quantities may vary depending on what stock and pesto you use so adjust to your own taste.
- Cut the chicken into thin slices and fry it in a bit of olive oil on medium/high heat. Set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and also fry them in a bit of olive oil for a few minutes, on medium/high heat. Set aside.
- Dissolve the stock cube in water (about 500ml) in the pan, on medium/low heat. Add some garlic powder (to taste), the pesto, mascarpone and keep stirring until it’s melted.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with a tiny bit of water, enough to make it into a paste. Add it to the sauce and keep stirring until it’s thickened up.
- Add the chicken into it and serve with some fresh basil and the fried tomatoes.